REXBURG — A local woman who spent time with Lori Vallow Daybell in the Madison County Jail is sharing details about the experience for the first time.
The woman has asked EastIdahoNews.com not to use her real name for safety reasons. In this story, we will refer to her as Melissa Cook. Madison County Jail officials confirm Cook was incarcerated on a parole violation at the time Daybell was booked. Cook was later sent to another correctional facility until she was recently released from custody.
Cook visited with EastIdahoNews.com for two hours last week and provided notes she kept while behind bars in Madison County. The notes detail conversations Cook allegedly had with Daybell.
During the time they were both incarcerated, Daybell spoke with her new husband, Chad Daybell, and her son, Colby Ryan. Cook overheard parts of those conversations from her adjacent cell.
Read the entire story at EastIdahoNews.com
- Woman speaks out after spending 4 days in jail alone with Lori Vallow Daybell
- Woman Speaks After Spending Time With Lori Vallow in Jail, Jacob Blake Update, Let's Talk About It!
- Man in prison for 17 years set free after his lookalike is found | ABC News
- The role of women in Islam | DW Documentary
- Nearly 1,000 Idahoans died alone and were buried in this forgotten cemetery
- Some Elderly People in Japan Are Going to Jail on Purpose
- Beyond Scared Straight: Mom and Daughter Reunite in Jail (Season 8 Flashback) | A&E
- Family of baby thrown from car speaks out
- Sheriff: Inmate killed Wayne County corporal in attempt to escape jail
- This Is What It's Like to Be in Prison During Coronavirus