Today, Josh is combining an Outback Steakhouse favorite, the Bloomin' Onion with classic Funyuns. Make your own with the recipe below! MK #036
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Blooming - 0:39
Dip - 2:29
Frying - 7:59
Step 1: Bloom the Onion
* 1 large onion, Vidalia preferable
1) Take the onion in your hand. Observe it. Make sure the onion you have selected is short and stout, like the tea kettle in that song.
2) Cut off the stem part of the onion, presenting a flat space. Peel the onion. Place the onion flat side down, with the root facing the ceiling. Leaving room at the root area, begin to slice four even cuts around the circumference of the onion. Do it again, so you get 8 even cuts. Do it again, so you have 16 even cuts. Flip the onion over and separate the petals, showing the blossom you have created.
* Cutting Board
Step 2: French Onion Dip
* 1/2 white onion
* 1/2 yellow onion
* 1/2 red onion
* 1 large shallot
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 sprigs thyme
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup mayo
* ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
1) Mince onions, shallots, and garlic.
2) Heat butter in a large sauce pot over medium-high heat then add minced onion bits. Add thyme bunch, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook until jammy and brown, about 30 minutes. Deglaze with brandy, stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, Remove thyme.
3) Add beef stock concentrate. Whip up in blender. Cool.
4) Add mayo, shredded gruyere and cooled onions to a bowl. Mix well.
* Cutting board
* Large pot
* Medium Bowl
Step 3: Fry the Onion
* 1 onion, bloomed
* 1 large bags of funyuns
* 1 cup flour + ¼ cup flour
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon white pepper
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/2 cup whole milk
1) Put funyuns and ¼ cup flour in a blender and crush until fine powder is made. Add onion powder, salt, white pepper, baking powder. Place in a large mixing bowl.
2) Mix eggs with milk in a separate bowl.
3) In another bowl, add flour.
4) Separate the petals of the onion as well as you can, and dredge it in the flour, making sure to get flour inside every nook and cranny. Dip it into egg wash, then into the crushed Funyun crumbs.
5) Fry at 350 until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes, then drain and enjoy.
* Deep fryer
* 3 large bowls
* Sheet pan with rack
* Slotted spoon (2)
- We Made A Funyuns Bloomin’ Onion
- How to Make Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion | Get the Dish
- Outback's Blooming Onion and Dipping Sauce | Copycat Recipe
- Funyuns Steakhouse Onion Review
- HOW TO MAKE FLAMIN HOT FUNYUN ONION RINGS!
- CarBS - Funyuns Steakhouse Onion
- Can We Guess Which Condiments Were Combined? (Game)
- Homemade Onion Rings - Super Crispy Easy and Delicious
- Grillin Time Bloomin Onion Blog Video from Orscheln Farm & Home
- Zach Galifianakis: Live at the Purple Onion (2/4) "Fffattt" (2007) HD